Wednesday 26 June 2013

Lunch Time Laughs.

Our middle daughter Mica lives and works in Cheltenham so we don't see anywhere near enough of her, but she's been home for a visit this week.

As she was leaving to go home this afternoon we decided to go for lunch at the cafe in our village. Corner Cafe is the little cafe just a few minutes walk from our home, the owners Bev and Dean are really friendly and always willing to accommodate the endless strange requests we make with our orders! 

 



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="404"] Corner Cafe in Darton.[/caption]
 

And we are a fussy bunch, in our extended family we are almost all vegetarian, some are vegan and one is a raw vegan! Then we've got a coeliac and a couple who want milk in their drinks, but only non dairy milk and as I had a gastric bypass last year, I only eat teeny tiny meals, which again they are happy to make for me.

Luckily for us Corner Cafe sell great food, salads, soup, panninis, breakfasts in both meat eating and meat free varieties, the most delicious ice cream ever and loads of lovely looking cakes. But most importantly of all they sell bloody good coffee, I hate to eat anywhere where the coffee is rubbish, ( there is a notable exception to this that I'll write about another time).

Anyway what was going to be a quiet lunch for the five of us turned into a riotous lunch for 12 of us! 






[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500"] Kia and Lola.[/caption]



We had to put two tables together and squeeze around them, we were loud and there was lots of laughter and shouting up and down the table, for some reason everyone was showing off their whistling skills or lack of them in some cases...like erm...me! 






[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="375"] Whistling![/caption]



I don't think I've mentioned yet I'm an avid hooker and managed to fit a few rounds of my latest project in whilst I was waiting for everyone to arrive! 






[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="375"] Yay! Crochet.[/caption]



Mica left just after half past 2 with me promising to go to Cheltenham as soon as I can to visit her there, so hopefully I'll get a couple of nice sunny days down there with her.

Em x 

No comments:

Post a Comment